A mapping of digital civil societyElisa Lindinger
Now also in English: Our Mapping of Digital Civil Society in Germany. But what exactly is digital civil society?
For this, we have developed a definition as part of the report: Digital Civil Society is made up of social movements, collectives or organisations that:
- Provide free access to digital technologies, to digitally available data and knowledge or to the internet for the common good,
- Enable participation, e.g. by providing platforms, but also through youth education, further education and training in media, digital and technological skills,
- Develop technologies for the common good (public interest),
- Reveal the impact of digital technologies on society, or
- Promote and help shape digital policy issues.
The report was published under the CC BY license, and we invite you to use it and build on it. Let us know what you think!